Sunday, November 9, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
'Kuttanadan punjayile kochupenne kuyilale
Kottu venam kuzhal venam kurava venam
oh thithithara thithithey thithey thaka they they thom
Thengolakal ponnolakal madi madi vilikkunnu
Thennal vannu venchamaram veeshippayunnu
Oh thithithara thithithey thithey thaka they they thom
Kavalam chundanitha Ezhunnallunne
Thithithara thithithey thithey thaka they they thom'
Then they sang the song
'Maveli nadu vaneedum kalam
manusharellarum onnu pole
aamodathode vasikkum kalam
Then they saw Thiruvathirakali of girls. They made pookkalam of their own.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Pictures of the school -From Cheppanam
25 years ago, Guruji founded the Art of Living with a vision that encomapassed the whole world. Today, the Art of Living is the world's largest volunteer based NGO, active in 151 countries. Facilitated the world over by governments and the common man for his invaluable contribution to society. Guruji is also the founder of the International Association for Human Values.
The art of living is an international, non profitable, educational, charitable and humanitarian organization.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children "- Alex Haley
Some shots of children with my father during vacation. They had a wonderful time with my parents. Hari always comparing about the cool atmosphere at Kasimadom and the suffocating heat at Maradu. A lot of trees around my home make it cool. Plavu, Aanjili, Mahagony, Veppu, Vatta, Ilanji, Perumaram, Ambazham, Thekku are some of them. They played with my parents. 'Kuzhiyana' was their favourite friend.
Grand parents love them unconditionally and they allow them to play any thing and every thing. Its a great luck to have some days with grand parents its really a path to your childhood itself.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Summer vacation -Need more time to manage children. Most of them spend a lot of hours in front of the TV. My children's favourite channels are Cartoon Network, POGO and Disney channel. They spend some hours with Kalikkudukka and painting books. A website with some activities for children in this holidays...http://www.create-kids-crafts.com
Friday, March 21, 2008
Children like to travel and visit new places. His school arranges field trips and visits to important places. Last week they visited Fire station and told me about the fire engine and its operation. He is very sensitive and also very keen about his surroundings.
Children at various parks in Ernakulam
The full name of Children's park is Indira Priyadarshini Park. The park is run by District Council for Child Welfare(DCCW). District Collector is the Chairman of DCCW. It is a renewable energy park in Kerala. The park has equipments working on Solar, Wind, thermal, micro hydel, bio mass and bio gas. This will create awareness among children about the non con conventional energy sources. The park has a wonderful dancing fountain and a pond with pedal boat facility. A park is not at all a place to play its also a place of relaxation, a place for communication thus a place for the uplift of the community. In foreign countries there are parks and play areas for people crossed 60! Its wonderful!!!This help them to exercise, have more laugh and strengthen their bonds...interesting story about the adult park...
Other major picnic spots in Ernakulam are
- Kumbalangi tourist village
- Veegaland amusement park
- Kodanad elephant sanctuary
- Bhoothathankettu and Thattekkad bird sanctuary
- Cherai beach
- Hill palace
- Mangalavanom bird sanctuary
- Fort Kochi
- Bolghatty palace
- Mattancherry palace
- Willington Island
- Vypin island and Gosree bridges
Thursday, March 13, 2008
High range tourism includes Periyar wildlife sanctuary(Thekkady), Idukki wild life sanctuary, Munnar famous for hillstation and Neelakurinji flowers, Thattekkad bird sanctuary, Mattuppetty, Thommankuth waterfalls, Eravikulam national park and Chinnar wildlife sanctuary.
Sree was in good company with nandu chechi.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Maradu park-Recently renovated with dancing fountain and garden. Very near to Kottaram Bhagavathi temple which is famous for the fireworks.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Pineapple images. In malayalam its called 'Kaitha chakka'.
Now he had crossed 2 years. But his talking skills are very poor. His most favored food is 'joo' that is Juice. Pineapple juice is his favourite. Pineapple is my favourite too.
Healthy benefits of pineapple in this summer session...
- Pineapple contains Calcium, Pottassium and rich in fibre too.
- It contains Manganese which strengthens the bones in older people and helps to the bone growth in younger generation.
- It contains Bromelain, which fight against colds and dissolves mucus.
- Fresh Pineapple juice makes digestion easy
- It is rich with fibres and a remedy for constipation.
- Source of Vitamin C which strenghthens the immune system
- Daily intake reduces age related eye problems
- Pineapples are good for the oral health
- It helps to reduce the pain of woman during mensus
- It is low in fat and cholestrol
- Vitamin C is the primary antioxidant of the body soluble in water. Vitamin C fight against free radicals that creates asthma attacks and heart diseases. Pineapple is rich with VitaminC.
- Pineapple juice is a powerful energy booster.
In Kerala Pineapple is used to prepare 'Morukari' (Pulissery)and a sweet curry called 'Pachadi'.
Another Juice I prefer is Carrot
Benefits of Carrot Juice
- Carrots make your immune system more healthy
- Its good for the skin
- It prevents ageing
- It is rich with Vitamin A, makes your eyes more healthy
- Carrots contain betacarotene, which are good for our health
- Protect the stomach from ulcers
- Beta carotenes are anti-cancerous, anti-tumoral, anti-ulceric and anti coronary.
- It has lot of nutrition for us, it is called 'miracle juice'.
- Its good for your complexion...
Fresh juices improve our immunity, digestive power and detoxifies our body. Try to do some changes in the daily diet with more fruits and vegetables. Small changes in the diet will do miracles in your health. Have a big smile